Natural gas can power 70% of your home's energy needs
You can optimise your gas connection by connecting your hot water, heating and cooking all to gas and reduce your energy bills. From instant, continuous flow hot water to luxurious, warm and healthy heating or fast precision cooking; natural gas can make your home feel better all over.
Did you know that you can save up to 30% on hot water heating with natural gas?
- Continuous flow systems mean the shower will always be hot when it’s your turn! Heat only the water you need, enjoy unbeatable water pressure, while gaining valuable storage space.
- Gas cylinders work well on low or mains pressure and you’ll have hot water during a power cut.
Did you know thatheating accounts for around one third of your energy bill? Natural gas is highly efficient and delivers warm, dry and healthy heat. Choose from:
- Central heating ducted through floor or ceilings offers luxurious warmth
- Radiators or underfloor heating are great for allergy suffers
- Gas fires give you no fuss and no mess ambience without the wood stacking
- Flued heaters offer space efficient, dry heat that work no matter how cold it is outside
Did you know if you are already using natural gas in your home, it will cost you about 50% less than cooking with electricity? The choice of professional chefs:
- Instant heat
- Visible flame
- Greater control
You'll be doing your bit towards a more sustainable New Zealand
Are you based in Wellington, Taranaki, Manawatu or Hawke's Bay? You may be able to connect your home to gas for free with The Gas Hub.
Enter your address in our gas checker for an instant result on whether you're within the free gas connection range!
We also have a very useful hot water cost comparison tool that compares upfront and running costs within our natural gas network regions. Find out whether a natural gas, electricity, LPG, or solar hot water system could be the right solution for you. Try our hot water cost comparison tool now.
16Visit The Gas Hub at the Manawatu Home and Lifestyle Show 23-25 July in Palmerston North. Gold coin entry!
For the fourth year running The Gas Hub is partnering with Upper Hutt City Council’s Activation team to bring you The Gas Hub’s Parks and Places.
From 10 January through to the end of March 2019, a jam-packed calendar of fun activities for all ages is planned.
There has been plenty of talk surrounding the future of gas energy in New Zealand with the release of the Climate Change Commission draft report to Government. Some of you may have asked “is this the end for gas?”