Terms and Conditions
This competition is run by The Gas Hub, a division of Powerco Limited. By entering this competition you accept all the terms and conditions below.
Be in to win a design consultation worth $3,000 for your dream kitchen or bathroom!
The Gas Hub is excited to give you the chance to win a design consultation. Read on to find out what’s up for grabs, how to enter the competition, and the terms that apply.
What’s up for grabs?
One design consultation and concepts for your kitchen and/or bathroom up to the value of $3,000 gst inclusive.
You can choose the designer! The designer must be approved by The Gas Hub and have a relevant design qualification.
The prize is non-transferrable, and it can’t be swapped for cash.
The winner takes care of all other costs, such as all design consultation costs above the prize value of $3,000, and any purchase and installation costs.
Tell me how to enter!
Use the Gas Checker to see if your home qualifies for a free natural gas connection to Powerco’s network. You can also check the criteria here.
Then complete the entry form.
If you want your entry to count, make sure:
- You use the Gas Checker sometime from 14 October to 30 November 2020.
- The Gas Checker app says your home qualifies to enter because you are within the free connection zone, or your home has previously been connected to gas, or you are already connected to Powerco’s gas network.
- You are 18 or older.
- The design consultation is for your home, and you are the homeowner.
- You (and other homeowners) don’t work for Powerco.
- You are the only one from your home to enter. Only one entry per home is valid.
By entering the competition, you accept all these terms and conditions.
Be quick! Your entry needs to be in by 5pm on 30 November 2020.
And the winner is…
There’ll be one winner that we'll select, at random, from all valid entries.
The winner will be drawn on 1 December 2020.
If you are the winner – congratulations!
- We’ll use the contact details in your entry form to let you know you’ve won. If we can’t reach you that way within 48 hours, there will be a re-draw.
- We’ll ask you to nominate an appropriately qualified designer within 14 days.
- You’ll have a further 90 days for the designer to complete the consultation.
We will ask the designer to invoice us for the consultation, up to the value of $3,000. Costs above $3,000 the designer will invoice you directly for the extra amount. Once your consultation is complete, it is up to you whether you want to go ahead with the work and when that would be.
To claim the prize, you need to:
- Tell us you want to claim the prize
- Nominate a designer no more than 14 days after you have claimed the prize
If you don’t claim the prize that way, there will be a re-draw.
If the design consultation does not take place within 90 days of us approving your nominated designer, there will be a re-draw.
All these terms and conditions apply to any re-draw.
Some things to know about the design consultation prize
The design consultation must be approved by The Gas Hub and hold a relevant kitchen or bathroom designer qualification.
The lucky winner can select a designer of their choice – as long as they are qualified and approved by us. We aren’t able to recommend any designer for you.
Any recommendations (including purchases and installations) are agreed between the winner and designer. Not us. We’re not responsible for the designer’s recommendations or actions, and we don’t endorse them.
We’ll pay up to $3,000 (including gst) direct to the designer when we receive a valid tax invoice from the designer. We have to receive the invoice within 30 days of the date of the design consultation.
If your design consultation recommends gas-powered appliance options, please note that The Gas Hub’s gas connection will likely be free if you’re installing hot water. You will need to apply for a connection with The Gas Hub and can find out about that here.
We care about your privacy
Who we are
We are The Gas Hub, a division of Powerco Limited. We’d love to hear from you. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org.