This prize draw is run by The Gas Hub, a division of Powerco Limited.
By entering the Can You Connect gas hot water package giveaway you accept the following terms:
- Prize: Each of the three winners will receive a prize of a natural gas hot water package consisting of:
- one Paloma 27L continuous flow gas hot water system (retail value $1,749 including GST), and
- up to $1,800 (including GST) towards installation of that Paloma system at the winner’s home.
A prize winner cannot exchange this prize (in part or in full) for cash nor transfer the prize to any other person. The prize does not include:
- installation costs beyond $1,800 (including GST), or
- the cost of any natural gas supplied to a winner’s home.
- Eligible Entries: You enter the giveaway draw by visiting www.thegashub.co.nz/canyou and using the ‘Gas Checker’ application to check whether your home is eligible for a free natural gas connection to Powerco’s gas network (see the Free Natural Gas Connection criteria here) and completing the Can You Connect gas hot water package giveaway entry form online. Your entry is only valid if:
- you use the Gas Checker in the period between 5 March and 8 April 2018 (both dates inclusive), and
- are aged 18 or over, and
- own the home to be connected to Powerco’ natural gas network, and
- are not (and nor is any other owner of your home) an employee of Powerco, and
- the Gas Checker gives an indication that your home is eligible for a free natural gas connection to Powerco’s gas network, and
- your home is not already connected to Powerco’s natural gas network.
- Selection of Winners:
- On 10 April 2018, The Gas Hub will select, at random, three winners from eligible entries. (The Gas Hub must first confirm that each winner’s home is actually eligible for a free natural gas connection to Powerco’s gas network.)
- The Gas Hub will notify each prize winner by the contact details provided in the Can You Connect gas hot water package giveaway online entry form.
- If you are one of those winners, you must:
- give The Gas Hub notice of whether you accept, or decline, the prize. (As part of that decision making, The Gas Hub will arrange for its nominated certifying gasfitter to visit each winner’s house to give a (no obligations on a winner) quote for the full price for installation of the Paloma system). You must tell The Gas Hub of your decision within seven days of getting that quote, and
- agree to the Residential Gas Connection Terms and Conditions to accept the prize.
- If a winner declines the prize (or does not notify The Gas Hub of its acceptance of the prize within seven days of being notified that they have won the prize or agree to the Residential Gas Connection Terms and Conditions), The Gas Hub will select, at random, another winner of the prize from eligible entries.
- The Gas Hub will nominate a certified gasfitter to install the Paloma system at each prize winner’s home.
- Each prize winner must enter into an installation agreement with that gasfitter.
- The Gas Hub will pay the nominated gasfitter up to $1,800 (including GST) towards installation costs of the Paloma system.
- Each prize winner is responsible for:
- any installation costs that exceed $1,800 (including GST), and
- any other gasfitter charges.
- The Gas Hub is not a party to the installation agreement and is not responsible to a prize winner for the gasfitter’s actions.
- If installation of the Paloma system at a prize winner’s home is not started within six months of The Gas Hub giving that winner notice of being a winner, The Gas Hub may (in its absolute discretion and without being liable to that winner) withdraw that prize.
- Privacy: The Gas Hub may use:
- any of your personal information you provide to The Gas Hub in connection with this prize draw for Powerco’s future marketing campaigns, and
- the names of prize winners for promotional purposes.
- Other Terms:
- Each prize winner is responsible for:
- obtaining any necessary consents from their local authority for the installation of the Paloma system, and
- entering into, and any charges arising from, a gas supply agreement with a gas retailer.